Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks for another fine Xmas Party!

Dear All
Great to get together last night for another fine evening. Thanks to all those who had a hand in organizing it.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas, and I look forward to seeing you all again in 2013!

Cheers!

Mark(e)T(eer)

www.madison.co.uk

Re: Thanks for another fine Xmas Party!

Dear All
Great to get together last night for another fine evening. Thanks to all those who had a hand in organizing it.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas, and I look forward to seeing you all again in 2013!

Duncan

www.triedsramit'squitegoodbutunfortunatleyshimanoisbetter.co.uk

p.s.

What a riot, enjoyed that, any chance you can make the awards wine resistant..... mine seems to have become some what soiled.
Dom, Dom.... sorry to spill the No toil but i'm sure your glass had lip stick on it and so ummmm and so. ummmmmm yeah didn't smell too chemically though did it?!? not like muckoff

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone for making it yet another great Christmas meal and a good 2012 - I hope next summer is a bit drier. Please keep falling off, getting lost, leading late summer night searches for pubs, etc, etc.

And thanks to Eco for organising the Castle - the food was really good and the beer was excellent! (Sorry you weren't there to sample it.)

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cheers

Pasty Tom

I would like to reiterate Tom's comments and thank Eco for organising the Castle this year. A great shame you couldn't make it Eco but I trust the night in means you are on the road to recovery. Although I'm sure that a few whiskeys at the Castle, the Pickerell, the other Castle would have helped as well....

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

See you all out on the trails in 2013.

Paul

Ditto from me, thanks everyone for a great evening. Sorry you couldn't be with us Eco, hope you recover soon.

Merry Christmas!

Richard

Ditto ditto ditto. Great night, good company, fine dining, elegant wines...

Duncan, don't worry about the No Toil - I couldn't have drunk a whole canister of it by myself anyway!

Roll on 2013 and those sun-baked dry trails that I keep dreaming of.

MC and a HNY
Dom

Yep, I thought the meal was very good & the selection of beers a refreshing change from the chain pubs. Good to see everyone, hopefully I Will be a more regular rider next year. Ta Eco for organising it & get well soon

Thanks for organising it Eco - a great evening (though most of Friday was wasted for some reason). Happy Christmas one and all.