Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lights for sale

Hi all

A member of St Ives CC (roadies - pah!) is selling some Exposures, so I thought I'd post it here just in case anyone's interested.... Anyone wanting to contact him direct please feel free to mention my name. Details are:

1 x 2012 Maxx D. last years model, hardly used. Comes with charger and handle bar bracket in case. Great for Mountain bike night rides or on your road bike if your are riding on dark unlit roads at night. Looking for £215 More info here: http://www.exposurelights.com/product/000074/maxx-d-mk.4/

1x 2012 Diablo. Again last years model, hardly used. Comes with charger, helmet mount in case. A perfect match for the diablo or great as a stand alone light. (I've ridden down off road mountain passes in the alps with a similar light on the low setting!) Looking for £115 More info here: http://www.exposurelights.com/product/000078/diablo-mk.3/

1 x Toro Mk1 2010. This is a few years old but still a great light. Comes with a charger and handle bar bracket. Unfortunately no case with this.
Looking for £115 More info here: http://www.exposurelights.com/product/000016/toro-mk.1/

Just get in touch if you are interested or need and more info. My email is josh-ibbett@hotmail.com .

Thanks very much
Josh

Josh Ibbett
Endurance Mountainbike Racer
South Downs Double record holder!

www.joshibbett.com
Twitter @j_ibbett

The SDW record referred to is here - impressive...

Dom

Re: Lights for sale

Does this mean we have to list our life time achievements after every post too ?

Duncan
Pretender to the realm
a tad over weight
Installer of many heating appliances

Yeah duncan, you have to be awesome before anyone will buy your kit.
Still trying to sell those lights?

I am and they have been long ago

Does that sentence even make sense?

Claire Taylor
Drinker of beer
Drinker of whiskey
Cammtb travel agent of the year
www.clairetaylorisawesome.com
twitter @udders (no really :-))

My word....... yep, I think you've won Claire. Now you just need to have the last word (as is customary) and we'll let all be forgotten.