Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cart & Donkey anyone??

Anyone fancying a bimble in the snow tonight??

I will be there (hopefully on time tonight!)

Cheers
Geordynige

Re: Cart & Donkey anyone??

I'm definitely giving it serious contemplation. It depends on the heath of the rest of the family, and if I have to look after any small children. Or I could put them in the child seat...

Hope to be out for a gentle pootle

Yep Im coming, be gentle on me as I will be a first timer with you guys + I spent 2.5 hours blatting round Thetford on Sunday and the old pins are still shaking http://assets.bravenet.com/common/images/forum/icons/set16.gif

What was it like out there guys? I wanted to come out but was too tired due to pesky kids.

Am gradually getting super unfit!

its hard work riding across the fields to work...

Yes it's also lethal cycling home towing two kids, even on a mountain bike!

Thanks to all for making me welcome last night.

I must say i was struggling towards the end as that thick snow across the fields was beginning to sap away the strength but a couple of pints and some crisps made it all come flooding back.

Home to hot bath and a chicken and reggae reggae sauce sandwich - bliss !!!!

See you all next week.

Glad you enjoyed yourself Paul. I would have been out last night, but need to screed a floor before we go away skiing!

Claire - I don't envy cycling with spectators behind me! The snow seemed fine on the tracks where the landrovers have conpacted it a bit, however on the short sections of road where the cars have polished the ice is very tricky!

Anyway, have fun

Chris