Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Caption Competition

Do your worst...

Re: Caption Competition

"Thin and trim they wander"...should that be the new motto for cammtb?

the chain device works like this...

The bard of Barton stands up to deliver his most famous poem...

'Thin and trim they wander,
Through the winter nights,
With invisible bows and arrows,
Wearing Buffalos and tights'

Or,

Pete T was expecting to go to a pub with SOME action, man, not AN Action Man.

"Thin and trim?" they wonder...

I believe the full quotation was 'Thin and trim they wander in, Fat and stout they stumble (sic) out'... nuff said!

When the leak is really big, sometimes you need two fingers

"So the old bird phones me up again and goes "when you goin' 'a come and fix that new boiler then?", and I went "Oi Missus! I've got something in my pocket for yer!"

During their many years together Pete 'fast fingers' Tibbs and Duncan 'That fat jester bastard' cook had removed more cash than an African Barclays banker.  This evening they were to take risks way beyond most common pick pockets it was the turn of The God father, Bony 'scrap bike' de Tony to be relieved of his man purse.  This mother would go down in the anals of white hoss history.
(please change the name to mario Dickchard de sloan if the photo fit shows a different victim)

Brilliant!!

(but I think you'll find that it's annals; anals of history are, well, they're quite something else...)

Duncan is quite correct - it was 'anals'. You don't know where I keep my wallet and where he had to go to get it.

That explains so much, Tony.

I thought the anals of history were a series of low-budget 70's films for gentlemen made in Los Angles by Backdoor Productions Inc...

Dom, I think you'll find that's 'annals'. Pasty should be able to confirm...

Yarp!