Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Product Testing

Hi guys,

I hope that I'm not intruding with this post..

My name is David - I'm a Business Graduate from Cambridgeshire.
Before heading off to China at the of February, I'm interning with a London-based start-up who are looking to enter the cycle market.
The company offer a high-end and high-performance spray-based solution to lubricate, maintain and protect cycles.

I've been tasked with handing samples of the product out (RRP £8.95), to gain feedback which may be used for promotional purposes.
Therefore, I was wondering if anyone at Cambridge Moutain Bike Group would be willing to help me out.

I'd meet you to give you the product; ask a couple of questions - and then let you get acquainted with the product. Then finally I'd call /email you at an arranged time in the future to get your feedback.

In total, I see no reason why this can't be completed in 10-20 minutes.

I'd love to hear from you if you might be able to help me. You can contact me via my email davidellis87@gmail.com, or on my mobile which is 07837808628.

Thanks a lot,
David.

Re: New Product Testing

Hi David, Would you be up for coming to the start of one of our rides at 7:30 in the centre of town? As that is probably the best way to get more than one of us to test it?

If you are off to China at the end of Feb this doesn't give you much time!

Do you know what sort of conditions the spray is for? As if it's dry conditions lube may not be the best time to test right now

Hi Claire,

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah I'd definitely be able to get to a meeting if some of you guys were willing to participate. When is the next meeting?

In terms of conditions; as far as I'm aware it's multipurpose, so it will protect throughout the year - it's particularly good with anti-rust and chain-lubrication.
I thought your group could be ideal to put it through it's paces!

Cheers,
David

Hi David,
Is this solution similar/same as ACF-50 ?

Hi Duncan,

You can see a bit more about the product here; http://nanoprotech.co.uk/our-story/

I'm looking to hand these out by Friday at the latest, so if anyone is interested please do get in touch!

Cheers,
David

We meet at 7:30 by the Japas bento box place at Brookside in town.
Next ride is tonight so I would have thought your best bet to get more than one person to test would be to turn up there and see if anyone wants to try it.

I won't be there but there are a few bike geeks among us who would happily test it out I'm sure.

Hi David,

I'll be out tonight and, as Claire says, we meet up at 7:30 pm on the corner of Brookside and Lensfield Road (by the bench next to the railings).

I'm happy to give the product a try. (i.e. a freebie is always nice!)

Pasty Tom