Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Queen's Head

Anyone out to the Queen's Head tonight? If so I'll meet you at the pub at 10ish. I'm still a bit crocked for muddy off road unfortunately. I'm turning into a roadie...

Re: Queen's Head

I'm planning to be out tonight.

For all you budding roadies out there, last Thursday's mud was decidedly drier and better than a fortnight ago (when Ali had a ground/body interface event into the mud).

Perhaps Tony could give us the latest mud forecast based upon what the farmers are doing?

PT

Red sky at night, shepherd's cottage on fire
Red sky in the morning, still burning.

I'll be out

Laters you awl

Don't let pale Rider lull you into a false sense of security-----was certainly muddy & sloppy on Tuesday
Not out tonight all the same.

Not tonight, resting a slightly injured right knee after squash on Monday. I could do with the exercise though!

Richard

I'm planning on battling the mud.

Laters you chisel...

Aye

I SHOULD come out tonight, just not sure I can be bothered....

Come on Claire! Nobody's less bothered than me, and I'll be out...

Am I bovvered? Well, am I?

not missing this week's ride, even though i will be at work at 5:30 tomorrow morning!

shame i can't stop at the pub, or there would be no point in going to bed

Hope to be doing an "Ali" and see you guys at the pub circa 10pm. Been a hectic day, and our mud is quite sticky at present

Pete

Strangers in the Night

Yes! That was me overtaking you lot near Addenbrookes last night. I did the Obelisk after I left you - I thought it only right - and you guys must have gone past at the bottom of the hill while I was up there.

Cheers

TOM

Re: Strangers in the Night

Nice work doing the obelisk, Pasty. You too, Pat?

The old Citroen we were talking about was the DS 19, used by de Gaulle. It did have directional headlights as well as other technical advances.

You heard it here first...

Dom