Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wendover Woods 21stJuly

The milky complexioned one and I are heading to Wendover Woods near Aylesbury on Sunday 21st for a bit of a spin - approx 25 miles and 2000'+ of ascent and descent with potential pub finish (or start...)

Anyone else fancy a pootle through the Chilterns?

Re: Wendover Woods 21stJuly

Well I never,
I'm doing a MTB camp thing from Reading to Ivinghoe beacon that very day. Well my dears isn't that a coincidence?!?
That's bike camp NOT......
So yes, But not with you!

Tony,
I would be keen to join you if the offer is still open? I am happy to drive and take my truck which may have more room if that is preferable.
Let me know.

Hi Tony, what time will you start? I'm in London for the weekend, but I'm tempted to tell the girlfriend we should go there. She won't be able to do that distance (yet), but she can always organise a walk with friends and then meet us at a pub afterwards.

Oh God, now you're asking me to be organised. Need to liaise with Tom - but probably leave Cambridge about 9.00 for a 10.30 ish start. You out on Thursday Riann/Mike?

I'm hoping to be out on Thursday.

As am I, so I'll hopefully see you on the ride tomorrow!

Tony,
Things transpired against me last night so I did not make it sorry. Was a plan for Sunday hatched at all?
Let me know if you're are still keen to have me tag along.

We have half a plan. Aim to leave Cambridge about 9.30 to ride about 11.00, heading to a little car park near Askett OS grid ref SP 833 046. If the ramblers are out in force we may have to park near the pub at Great Kimble (The Swan?) at the foot of the hill. I can take one person and one extra bike in my car. I'm not sure how Riaan aims to get there - direct from London or sharing transport? How many can you fit in a truck Michael? email me and I'll give you my phone number.