Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Show us yours - Next TUESDAY (27th)

Hi all,
Next Tuesday is my Show us Yours which is planned as a long ride out to a faraway pub and a train back.
The plan is to go to a pub that my friend and his wife own, they do nice Thai food, so I am going to get them to do us some mixed starters which are delicious.

So I will try and get an idea of numbers to give him so if people can let me know if they are likely to be coming, and also bring some train and food money that would be great. ROLL UP ROLL UP for me getting you totally lost (not totally got the hang of the route...) and going to a new pub.

Re: Show us yours - Next TUESDAY (27th)

Sounds good!

I'll be out too.

Just remembered; I'm in San Francisco all next week. Whoops.

Hi Claire,
where are we going to or at least near where?
thanks

Hiya Duncan, Train back will be from Newport. (in essex not wales)

I am intending to ride

Hope to be out Claire

Hi Claire,
I'm intending to ride. Will they have any lactose free munchies??
Shed loads of trains back too
00.52 (although I think you have to push this one as it takes 22 minutes longer than all the others?)

Hi duncan,
I am sure they can do lactose free (and gluten free for Paul L)

I think you might be being a bit optimistic with the 21:27 train back though :-)

The half 11 one sounds best.

I'm planning to be riding too

Alison and I should be coming too (slightly dependent on Alison's knee...)

Dom