Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone for Thetford?

Not sure I'll be able to make it but may make the effort if there is the usual flood of enthusiasm...

If not, a local ride for local people.

Re: Anyone for Thetford?

I'm certainly up for it !

Norman

Count me in for Thetford

I'll give Thetford a go.

I'll post if I run out of time and have to change plan.

PT

I'm keen to ride tonight, but I can't do Thetford. I'll stop at the usual time and place in case anyone else wants to join.

Sounds like fun, even in the rain! I don't know exactly where to go, but I can take 3 muddy riders (and their bikes) with me, if there's interest in carpooling. I'm in Trumpington and I guess would leave about 7:00.

Bloody hell!

(picks self up from floor)

Thetford it is then. Brandon Country Park at 8.00.

Anyone need a lift (departing Chesterton)?

Thetford Yes. Michael R Would share lift

I'm game for Thetford.

Michael R am up for car share. I live in Stapleford

Tom R

07831 672121

Re: Thetford Yes. Michael R Would share lift

Amazing! Thetford is going to happen. Hope you have good ride, at least the dust will be well and truly settled.

This I'll give the local ride a miss too, looks very soggy out there.

Re: Thetford Yes.

I am in, see you all there.

You may have written too soon, Tony:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/norfolk

A11 closed both ways after Fiveways Roundabout due to a broken down lorry. Might be gone by 7:30 when we go through but I'll go via Brandon anyway (if I can even get to Fiveways that is).

If the A11 is still closed, head for Bury St Edmunds, turn off either the first or second exits and head up the B1106 for Elveden and Brandon.

Keep your eyes and ears peeled for the traffic news, folks.

PT

I am also impressed with the enthusiasm.

Unfortunately I can't make it this evening but have fun. It was pretty slick on Tuesday but shouldn't be too bad at Thetford

See you next week.

Paul

I am up for Thetford tonight but not sure where to meet in Brandon country park. Also have space for another bike and rider in the car if anyone needs a lift from the Impington area ))) 07402903114

Traffic update: accident cleared.