Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ay up light equipment

Hi all, I know that Claire said she needed a light mount for Ay Ups... and I have a friend coming over from Aus in a couple of weeks. If anyone wants something like that (preferably only a few small things) then I can probably pay for them in AUD and get them with a $5 flat domestic shipping for the whole order.
Please let me know if you need something (and make it specific by seeing exactly what is available on their website) in the next couple of days and I'll get onto it.

Cheers!

Re: Ay up light equipment

Yes please!!

Can I have two of these

Velcro head thingys

and

two of these

Bar mounts

Thankyou very much Jason!

I love my Ay Ups, but they're too good - I don't need any more and nothing needs replacing!

But thanks for offering, Jason.
Dom

Hey Dom, I love my AyUp lights too, but the mounting band does eventually perish and snap.
Take my advice and order a couple of spares.

Ps, Jason can I order 2 as well please.

Part no. SKU-4016

Pat

Pat
Ps, Jason can I order 2 as well please.

Part no. SKU-4016

Pat

Thanks for the tip, Pat!

Jason, please could I order four of those? Please let me know as soon as you need any money - and many thanks!

Cheers
Dom

Claire,

I am putting this order in today. I would just like to confirm that you only want loop dots, and no hook dots? http://www.ayup-lights.com/products/62/

Cheers

Yes thanks Jason I just need the bits to go on my helmet not the battery

Argh! Is it too late to put in orders ?

I need 1 of each of the following:

http://www.ayup-lights.com/products/44/
http://www.ayup-lights.com/products/45/
http://www.ayup-lights.com/products/62/
http://www.ayup-lights.com/products/63/

Norman

You're lucky Norman, I had to tranfer some money from a savings account and it'll not be cleared until tomorrow!

I'll let you know when I have everything, and I might even get my hydrophobic self out on the trail one night to get the stuff to everyone!

Thanks Jason !

(I too have been notably slack since it got a bit gloomy out there - MUST DO BETTER!)

This stuff has been purchased, and has arrived with my friend in Aus. He should be visiting Cambridge in a bit under 3 weeks. Sorry if the wait is a problem. If you desperately need rubber straps or handle bar mounts, I have at least one of each I can supply in the mean time, otherwise I'll get them to you then.

Cheers!

hi Jason

Excellent news. I'm good for bits until the parcel arrives !

Thanks
norman

Hi all,

As per the Grantchester riding thread for tonight, I have the parts and am going to give them to Pat and Tony to distribute to those who are not out tonight. I can get money some other time, or you can drop it in my letterbox in Comberton on a group ride or something (email me for my address in that case).

As a reminder, and using google's conversion rate

Pat ordered two rubber straps, £2.2

Big Bad Dom ordered four straps, £4.4

Claire ordered two bar mounts and two sets of velcro dot loops, £9.9

Norman ordered one set of hook dots, one set of loop dots and two neoprene stem straps of different sizes £8.8

Cheers!

Fantastic!

Many many thanks, Jason. Pat will pick my straps up from you tonight (unfortunately I can't make it out riding) and will also give you the cash for them as well - I'm not sure when I'd manage to get it to you otherwise.

Cheers!
Dom

Just for your information, I have collected ALL of the Ay-Up stuff and will bring it to the party on Tuesday.
If anyone does NOT want this please let me know in advance :)
See you Tuesday

Hi Pat.

I'm good to pick the stuff up tonight !

Thanks for picking it up !

cheers
Norman