Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Dark horse....anyone out tonight?

I will mostly be single speeding tonight, anyone else?

Re: The Dark horse....anyone out tonight?

This evening I shall be mostly eating and drinking...

I too will be single-speeding ! (winter steed gets a run out!)

On reflection (and a glance at tomorrow's cracking weather forecast) This evening, I will mostly be carrying on with paperwork.
Tomorrow, I will mostly be single speeding.
Hope to be out Thurs eve

I would love to come, but I'm pooped.

Balls. I'm just reading your wibble while sitting ourside Japas, wondering why no-one has turned up.

Bollox. I'd best spin back home then.

.... and having gone home to Comberton via Coton and velcro-hill, I can fully understand why everyone chose to stop at home - it's horrendous out there.

Roll on Thursday, when i'm sure the ground won't be a gloopy mess at all...

Sorry Normski old man, Hoped you'd see me post!
Ride yesterday was very good with only the areas that have been mashed by CH been hard to tackle. Did spend about three hours standing up so have decided to relax the gearing some what!

No, you posted during the ride-home-eat-dinner-get-kids-(semi-)sorted-ride-into-town mad 90 mins, so I didn't see it !

No worries, anyway !