Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thetford, yes/no? And start time?

I am up for Thetford tonight, anyone else? I think Paul L might have said he is?

Don't we usually meet 7:45 for 8pm start if we do Thetford? It doesn't say on the runs list.

Re: Thetford, yes/no? And start time?

I am keen for a spin around Thetford and I can offer rides to get there. I live near castle hill so I can take people from that side of town if needed.

I can also offer lift(s), from Fulbourn side.

I'm up for a spin around the trees, do you want to car share Claire?

Starts are usually 8 pm, so meet at 7:45

:'(

I have to go to dinner at my college, unfortunately. I always love a good burl around Thetford.
Have fun!

Have you got any spaces in your car Michael? I live in Oakington and my wife has bagged the car.

Sadly the eternal burden of work weighs heavy on my shoulders.

Have fun

Hi Paul, Yes let's car share. I am happy to drive?

OK Claire, what time do you want to leave?

Nick, I have spare spaces a plenty and can swing by Oakington no problem. I was thinking about going out earlier even to have a bit of an explore so I can go whenever. My number is 07845593193. Give me a ring or text and let me know your address and what time you want to go etc.