Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bye for now

Hello mtb-fellows

I am going back to Denmark now. (Or actually I came home yesterday, but I could not find time to write this post during the weekend). I just want to say good bye for now and thanks for the night rides - It was funny in the beginning, but then it became muddy

Have a happy Christmas dinner tonight. Now I will go out for a night ride with my local club (and yes, strictly speaking we are actually a club ), on crispy and more-or-less dry trails If you come across the northern part of Denmark one day dont miss the change to try some of our fantastic trails. They are way better than I guess you imagine. Let me know and I will show around.

Regards
Jonas

Re: Bye for now

Aww bye Jonas. It was nice watching you disappear up the hill.

I never met you Jonas but your Strava time for Velcro Hill is LEGEND.

Pasty Tom

Take care Jonas.

It has been good riding with you, even if I have mainly been staring at your rear wheel disappearing into the distance!

Best wishes,
Paul

Thanks Tom. I did the hill around that time (1:31, 1:32 and 1:38) on a few attempts. As I remember it was in a period with a fresh eastern wind. But I think that is also allowed

You too, Paul and Claire

Hi Jonas

I only rode with you once, I think, but it was fun and I'm glad you enjoyed CamMTB.

And thanks for introducing me to a new expression - mtb-fellows. It may not be exactly what we might say here, but I like it and I'm going to use it!

Have a great Christmas and New Year back in Denmark, and enjoy those hardpacked trails. Think of us in the mud!

Dom

I remember. Mr single speed full sussing Breton chappy doing velcro Hill in 1 min 27. 45
He was proper fast. No helmet, just a hoodie and a love of cidre .......
.. A true MTB er ;-)
Def a man to respect O:-)

Duncan, except for the missing helmet he sounds quite cool But I would guess that without the laptop on my back and flats under my feet (while it was still dry I rod this hill on my way home from university) I could ride it a bit faster