Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any Wobblers?

Given the slightly inclement forecast for Thursday how many takers are there for the Wobble this week and any preferences for postponing until 27th?

Re: Any Wobblers?

Hi Tony,
It looks like I won't be out tomorrow night in any case. So, I would up for a wobble on the 27th. Thanks for organising.
Pete

27th sounds like a good idea, not out tonight due to the weather forecast.

Tony, sorry not to have replied before now. I also can't make it tonight. The 27th would be good for me...

Dom

I fancy a Bony Tony winter wobble, and can't make tonight, so would also vote for postponement.

Once you've tried a Bony Tony winter wobble you won't settle for any other sort.

27th it is then

I will make the changes to the runslist on the website.

Pat - are you OK for the 27th?

Tom

Tony,

Happy with 27th myself but still fancy battling the weather for a while tonight. Anyone else?

Richard

Hoping to give it a go

27th should be good for me.

I'm going out in the rain tonight, if anyone else is there..... That would be nice, if not I may go do some gardening in Halton woods

change of heart - enjoy the gardening Pat