Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Drinks and stuff ......

Holy cow Duncan - what happened to all your gears?? Looks like you're having a fun winter over there :)

Just thought I'd say g'day - for those of you that remember G and I, apart from mountain biking, Giselle also writes a blog called Ultimate Hot Chocolate. It's been nominated for a blog award, and is currently hanging on in 5th place with a day and a bit left to vote. If any of you feel inclined to vote and help G's blog make the final (top 5 blogs are automatically thru to the final round), then you can do so via the link below

http://www.thekitchn.com/nominate-your-favorite-blog-from-abroad-for-the-homies-awards-the-homies-2014-200247

Hopefully we'll be able to find an excuse to visit Cambridge again one of these days soon ...

cheers,
Rich

Re: Drinks and stuff ......

Hi Rich 'n Gisselle,
It won't let me access the blog....Bad gateway?!?
Yeah... no gears man, you know there are only two types of people in Texas No gears & queers.
This photo was taken four years ago when we DID have snow, I had knees and the world was alot younger. Today the temp has been lapping around the sunny 10 degrees C (dont know what that is in american, but you get the gist)& we've had so much rain that we have over taken china as the worlds no. 1 rice producer (no doubt someone will correct me on my previous statement.