Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Runslist

Ok, Mr scrote & Mrs scroutesses,
What do YOU want to do this summer, where?? Mrs Dwarf, are we doing a Bonhunt pub circular? what date is good for you?
Anyone else with any ideas....step this way and type after your name!
Cause if I dont get this shit sorted youll all winge like bally ho & we do ......uuummm anything, type thing.
As Jodie Watley once said, lets make this a YEAR to remember.

Re: New Runslist

Hello Mr Not-so-tall-yourself,
Yes we are doing a Wicken Bonhunt circular.
Please may I book Tuesday 15th July.

Mrs D

A couple of 'train outs' would be good

Anyone up for this http://www.theomm.com/events/OMM_Bike_Spring/

Pasty? It seems to be still alive and is fun. Would be good to send a contingent.

Hi All,

Tony - why not? Should be a laugh. The weather might even be nice.

Duncan - this thread is now sticky. Can we put in:-
- my Over ride, sometime in June would be good;
- Bony Tony's Fecund Frolic and Big Adventure, dates chosen at random to surprise Tony;
- I'd also like to see some train rides this summer. That one lead by Tony from Elsenham last July was a classic. I could do one from Newmarket way again.
- How about we nominate someone to lead who doesn't normally, just to see what comes out? It's a twist on 'Show Us Yours', but the leader gets nominated by other group members, a sort of 'Show Us Yours Or Else'. Worth a try??

What alternative pubs are there to the Red House but in the same area? It was boarded up when I drove past on New Year's Eve. The area is good to bike around.

Cheers

Tom

Would anybody be interested training out to Ely or Littleport and I guide you back to the pub in Horningsea or Milton area. Not sure what evening I shall be able to make yet, as Royal Mail is reviewing its Network due to mail centre closure across the country. This may result to a change to my shift pattern and days off, so if the ride could be planned for late May/June, hopefully by then, I will know which evening I can make.

Is this the answer to our dreams (well sort of)

http://www.77cambridge.com/

I don't mind leading a ride. There was some talk last Tuesday about me leading a 'mountainous' mountain bike ride and trying to hit every hill in Cambridge, but I think that could turn into an all-night epic... they're pretty few and very far between. Also, I was thinking about some of the little-used tracks I know and they're all dead flat!