Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ye stars! which are the poetry of heaven!

I've decreed that the wallowing season is spent and that the glorious off-road paths of this fine shire are again pleasurably traversable with the aid of rubber rotund elements.

So, who's up for the Byron in Trumpington tonight ?

Re: Ye stars! which are the poetry of heaven!

I'll be venturing out tonight because, as the great man wrote, "Adversity is the first path to truth".

So I'm looking forward to some adverse paths. Or paths I can see at least.

PT

A young man with a bike made of iron,
Decided that he would try 'n
ride with Cam MTB
Just after his tea
and sink a few pints with Lord Byron

I'm out (as are the daffodils if we're feeling poetic - as apparently I'm not)
Tony

what's wrong with just saying I'll be out tonight!

Me too! Norm, what time do you reckon you will pass the bottom of Long Lane, Comberton? We could ride in together from there

I'll be at the end of Long Road (by the roundabout) at about 7:00, I reckon.

I will wait this time!

Not riding tonight (social club quiz at work), but I can confirm that if I was going to be riding then I wouldn't need to wash my bike after riding on Tuesday.

There are some sticky patches and a few deep mud puddles, but only enough to make it fun.

simon
what's wrong with just saying I'll be out tonight!

Will you be out tonight though Simon? What's wrong with saying 'I'll be out'?!

i plan to be out for the first time in what feels like ages.