Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fecund Frolic Tuesday 29th

The Fecund Frolic will be on Tuesday 29th- finish point will be the Plough and Fleece, Horningsea.

This will be one of our periodic 'competitive' events - navigate to as many check points as you can and gather photographs of random objects of my choosing to earn points. Teams of two or three. Wine for the winning team.

Let me know if you plan to ride. If you don't have a team partner post here to find someone.

You know you want to...

Re: Fecund Frolic Tuesday 29th

I'm planning on riding and am currently without a partner.

I also need a partner, if you want to team up Paul.

sounds like a plan, see you on Tuesday.

Alison and I will mostly be riding through the countryside in the wrong direction. That is to say, yes please!

Dom

I'm planning to ride on Tuesday, but I'm looking for a partner.

Hi Jon, I am planning on riding if my hardtail works (full sus out of action!), and would be up for pairing up.

OK Frolickers - I will have maps and a list of checkpoints and grid references tomorrow. The maps are on a very small scale and will give an idea of location. You may want to bring your own OS map of the Cambridge area for more accurate checkpoint locations

Which pub is it Tony? Or are we not allowed to know until the start?

Sadly, I will give tonight a miss and let someone else win for a change.

I'm going to give my legs a rest after the weekend's OMM Bike (read " I haven't unpacked my stuff yet - it's all over the place.")

Good luck all, and especially Dom and Alison. Hope that you end up in the right county.

PT

It's the Plough and Fleece, Horningsea. (Like it says in the first post....)

Oh yeah :-)