Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tonight - Pub suggestions required

Hi All,

Sorry to call-off Cottenham, but a rescheduling was requested by Dom and Alison as they can no longer lead this ride tonight.

Can we have some suggestions for a pub stop, please?

I may not be out tonight - I've not yet decided. Depends on other home stuff.

PT

Re: Tonight - Pub suggestions required

Given the weather forecast what about the Green Man in Grantchester?

Not out tonight as I have to either babysit/or stand in for the good wife on a tennis court...

See you all next week.

Green man sounds a good idea, wooden floor that does not need excessive cleaning is good, and the beer is good too.
plenty of bail out options if the rain is too bad.
i will be out for a paddle, as long as i can patch up the large hole in my frame in time.

pat

I should be out as well. Potentially on the single-speed/hack bike that I keep threatening to test with the group :-)

It's not looking too tempting is it? I'm still in the office and probably won't be out but you never know...