Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is the mos avoured version of events that we wanna doooo (as in Scooby)

Is it Claires Thai.....fest
Is it Doms route.....around the car park?
is it Pauls.............where the fook is Will?
I don't k.. know but
P diddy, Dr P & occasionally someone else lets be....in fact let's just get on with it and try.... to ......................
how about an occasionl Sunday Morn (adie.just hold the youngest)
I quite like The silver ball_ Reed
The Mocha......... Walden
whadda youreckkkon?
Yes claire, I am

Re: What is the mos avoured version of events that we wanna doooo (as in Scooby)

Bloody hell Duncan, can you not make a bit more sense than that however pissed you are?

Are you suggesting a Sunday Morning Ride? I am going to the duxford Air show on Sunday, may be able to do an early one though, especially if in direction of Duxford and I can duck off, not sure what time it starts.

Re: What is the mos avoured version of events that we wanna doooo (as in Scooby)

I have had a look at the Duxford Air show timetable and it doesn't start until 2:30, so I will try and wangle a ride beforehand if you are up for it.

PS I am assuming I am talking to myself as Duncan does not know he posted this, and that he will shortly be on to say "No I didn't post this, I was in the middle of a field with no reception last night, and I can't remember a thing about it"

To then come on sheepishly half an hour later to say... "Oh actually, yeah, I think it was me..."

Actually on Sunday Duncan will be largely sitting in a field with no reception...

Actually I think Claire gets the prize for most talking to herself on the forum!

Oh Yeah, sorry Claire can't make it anyway.... going to be glamping with the Lyons....in a field... in the new forest...Ringwood Forty Niner (surely that should be 29er...hah hah hah.)
Okay Boon doggle ( no right wing bike quotes that way)

Does anyone fancy at least ONE sunday mtb ride this year
Be good to do a gentle Longee (or Leo as we call them)

Anyone out next Tuesday?

I'm up for a Sunday ride, if available.

On holiday next week, so should be out Tuesday.

I'll be up for a Sunday ride or two - not getting many weekday ones in at the moment

Looking pretty minging tonight,but I may be out Duncan...

I am also up for Sunday (or Saturday) rides, in principle.

Also up for trips away or day trips!

What about weddings, funerals and bar mitzvahs? Could you make any of those?

claire,
Could you go to my cousins wedding this week end? Very nice barn in Norfolk, Band, camping, free alcohol....please...I'm begging you, you can even take my son with you if you want!!

haha very funny. Ade will go for you if you go to the gay stag do that he is down to attend.

Its a deal........... I feel I need to be more in touch with the more hardcore members of society........... hang on that doesn't sound correct.....
what about The happy members of........ no, no....
What about...... I'll support anyone who chooses to live north of Histon & south of all saints church & has/not been caught feeding the ducks with George Micheal (of Georgeous Mickelous european transport.LLP)
What about Nigel Pharage (similar to pharrell..ummm...but different)
sod this, i'm off to bed and not/am looking forward to my weekend family joining
Nite all. Hope the Whittlesford ride was okay?!? Jammy kers...Mark (also known as my Mark) is threatening to come back to work next month so hopefully my cycling year will start....at last!! ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

Oh My God! Another post pub ramble Anyone fancy a rather used soap box?
I'll get me coat