Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
They think it's all Over....

Hi All,

Who will join me for tonight's antidote to football? That doesn't mean that I won't be checking the England score occasionally....

If anyone wants to join me even earlier, I'll be riding to Cambridge, leaving home at about 6:30 pm. Call or text (0 7 7 2 5 5 7 0 2 2 1) or FB me - or leave a message here.

If you're "doing a Dom", please park at the Community Centre (which is also The Pub) which is in the middle of the village, off a street called The Doles (West) - set satnavs to CB24 5NW.

Emily - will your back be joining us? Several of us have ropey backs - me included.

PT

Re: They think it's all Over....

Watch England underperform or ride through the mountains to Over?

Tough choice.

I'll be out, with reasonably healthy back and possible occasional score check.

I think it's about time I made a understated and traditionally non nifty paced return to the fold.

Hoping to add to last years "Newcomer of the Year" award with the coveted "bloody hell I thought he was dead" award!

Still not so nifty Neil

Sadly I have to miss this epic. Hope the weather brightens up to match the quality of this ride (cough).

Not out tonight, off to a fashion show at Luton, to see my daughter's work. Have a good ride.

Re: They think it\'s all Over....

Sorry Paste,
Er in doors is off down The Winchester tonight, Terry's not around so I've been left on me tod to push the nipper up the apples and pears to Bedfordshire.

Re: They think it\\\'s all Over....

They're all watching football Pasty

Re: They think it\\\'s all Over....

Football..... I'm not that blinking desperate.

Re: They think it\\\\\\\'s all Over....

Quickest route to the pub and we will as well then. Either that or on a smartphone on the trail.