Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thetford tonight

anyone up for Thetford tonight. It might be less minging by then!

Re: Thetford tonight

I'm keen to ride if someone can give me a lift out there, please.

Looking at the forecast I'm not convinced it will clear, but may get lucky!

Yeah, I'm starting to lose the love for this idea. It's pretty bad out there.

Yep I am up for a ride out tonight. Its not that bad south of cambs, just an odd bit of drizzle. Mike I can give you a lift if you want.

How about a nice local ride to The Blue Lion? If the rain is too much we can do a shortie or go to Grantchester?

I think the choice is thetford or wimp out for me. Will decide later. I've got to cycle home in a bit and I've only just dried out from this morning.

planning on cycling happy to do either Thetford or local. If the weather is miserable I might take the MTB out on the local roads.

Hasn't rained out in Comberton for 3 hrs

OK decision time, is anyone definitely going to Thetford coz I am up for it and its dry hear ?

I am happy for either Thetford or local

The forecast for Cambridge has much improved although still with some rain, but the forecast for Brandon is still for heavy rain all night...

Paul, I've put in my email address in case it is Thetford, so if you email me I'll reply with my house address

I am up for Thetford. Happy to drive

Thetford it is then. see you all there at 20.00

No Probs,
Can I assume that there will not be anyone at Brookside this eve?
If so I'll ride straight from my house as me best mate has said he'll join me for a pootle.

I'm going to ride but I will be local to Cambridge.
I was thinking of finishing in Granchester due to the weather.
If it is just me then I'm going back to Harlton woods to open it up a bit more.
If anyone else is out tonight in Cambridge I'm open to suggestions.

Pat

hope to join you at Thetford

rain radar shows rain out over Thetford for a while so going to ride locally.