Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Train out bike back

Ok.
Does anyone know where we are going to, which trains, when and how much?

Re: Train out bike back

No, but i'm quite pushed for time today, so if it's early (6:30) at the station then I need to know early (and even then might not not make it..

(In which case, let me know the pub and I might arrive there anyway)

Edit: Stuff it, i've gone to work on my MTB (therefore missing a roast duck dinner @ home tonight), so I'll go straight to the station from here

Cor. Replying to my own posts - 2nd sign.

Anyone up for this ? It's looking like a lovely evening

Don't think i have time to make it out tonight as I am away for the weekend and need to pack.

I thought the original plan was to train out or do an epic on Tuesday and go to the Carpenters arms tonight? I.e. a swap as the carpenters arms was shut on Tuesday.

I reckon if you turn up at the start if no-one answers norman there will probably be people there.

I'm up for a local 'train-less' ride...if i can remember how to find my way to brookside!

Yes, failing any takers on here for the joys of British Rail (or whoever they ar these days), i'll just head to Brookside for 7:30.

in the event of no Train plan turning up, i'm going to ride local and will be at brookside at 7:30

Hey,

I'm thinking I might venture forth with you lot starting at Brookside.
Don't expect much, I've cumulatively ridden about 30 miles over the past 12 months If it looks like I'm to much baggage I'll turn around.
But still, need to put some meat back on my legs and given the distinct lack of singletrack in Cambridge...

Look forward to meeting you.
Keep your eyes peeled for a battered old Trek hardtail.

You'd be very welcome ! See you in about 1hr

i telll you what... these japanese (apply Leeds accent)shoes are right comfey , can't believe I havn't come across them before!!??!!
so to speak