Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Local ride this evening, meet at 7:30 Brookside

anyone else fancy a bimble to Fulbourn this evening?

Re: Local ride this evening, meet at 7:30 Brookside

I am riding tonight :)

I'll be there, beats inhaling the neighbours bonfire smoke .......mind you, if it's dusty as last Thursday, I may be no better off

Yup, I'll be there.

I have a bit of a plan too...

MT

Yes!

Phew, panic over re missing keys. Got home and found them still on the rack. Red face dept indeed, or a senior moment? There's a few of these creeping in I'm embarrassed to say . Nice to have a chat with Duncan in Barton as he passed me slowley in his van. Oh and a top hole route (high speed tour of the Northern Approaches comes to mind) from Mark, thanks.

Before Pasty comes along and marks me down for the misspelling of slowly, I did try to edit, but after five attempts at entering the code, I gave up. Honest Guv.

Phew!

Good News Pete!

We'll need to do Part 2 of MT's Eastern Odyssey another time.

This can be achieved by missing out the Swaffham Bulbeck bit and going straight to Six Mile Bottom via Quy Fen and Bottisham, then on towards West Wratting before coming back to Fulbourn via the wind farm and Fleam Dyke or Wilbraham.

Hopefully before it gets too muddy...