Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Venue for this Tuesday (and Thursday if established)

Just planning my (training) week. Any ideas?, even if guesses, appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Venue for this Tuesday (and Thursday if established)

A little bird tells me that the destination on Tuesday is the Green Man in Granchester to take advantage of the free pint offer and Thursday is the Blue Lion in Hardwick.

Full details should be up soon.

You must be talking about Claire there Paul...

It's not me as I would never suggest going to the Blue Lion as it's fecking miles home from there for me.

And I was going to come out on Thursday too!

Re: Venue for this Tuesday

So, where's it to be?
If you have a free pint voucher, the White Horse at Foxton is an option.

Anyone got an opinion (worth sharing)?

Cheers!

Hi all,

I've now posted up the rides for October. Paul has sent me all of the new rides but I need to do a bit more HTML fiddling to get them into quite the right format. And now I need to get back to work, so I hope that this will do you for the time being.

Paul - sorry that I couldn't get this done last night - Karen was on the laptop so I had to defer.

All - can someone email me a nice new winter rides themed photo? t and k lee at ntlworld dot com.

Cheers

PT

Grantchester it is then!
I guess Mike C will be parking at the White Horse in Foxton, or the Blue Lion in Hardwick.

Later.

MT

I think I went from Grantchester to Newton via Hardwick last week in search of my car. It would have been quicker biking in from Papworth!

I might chance a drive out to Grantchester tonight on the off chance that it just might be the destination pub.