Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Christmas Meal and Forum Subs

Hi All,

The Winter Runslist is now fully up - thank you Paul and Duncan (or is that Donkon?).

We've pencilled the Christmas Meal in for the 16th December and I've taken the bloody liberty of checking whether The Maypole's function room is available.

Luckily, it is. Would y'all like me to go ahead and bloody book it?

Also, I have paid for the Forum for another year, and I need to collect the remaining £3 subs - thanks to all those payers so far.

Best regards

PT

Re: Christmas Meal and Forum Subs

Hi Pasty

I assume that is a rhetorical question and that you have already booked it.

Well done on the forum renewal - hope you are successful in extracting the loot from the others.

Yep its I'm my diary. Put Oscar and myself down please for a place. Already paid subs

Not a rhetorical question, but I will go ahead and book it with them.

Cheers

PT

Count me in

Tom R

Hi Pasty

Sorry - I missed the expectation of a response :-)

Yes please, book it Danno. Me and 'er indoors will be attending "the year's premier gala occasion on the social scene" (Loaded).

Dom

Yes please Tom, will pay my subs if when I see you next as well.

Rick

Sadly I have been summoned to another meeting in Germany that week so it looks like I won't make it. No sarcastic awards in my absence if you don't mind.

I'd like to say that I'm a 100% yes but I'm going to have to play it by ear due to the imminent arrival of my baby son (no he's not arrived yet to my partners disgust)!

Whats the drop dead date for need to know numbers?

Sounds good to me, count me in.

You already have my hard-earned three quid

Tony
Sadly I have been summoned to another meeting in Germany that week so it looks like I won't make it. No sarcastic awards in my absence if you don't mind.

Yeah, like that's going to happen...