Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
newbi. intro and question

hi everyone simon here. newbi to the mtb sean well did some back in the 90s.

look to meet up with you guy Tuesday next week.(misses and daughter have given me a late licence ya)
I'm be on the on one inbread.

I do have a question? found a set ove mavic wheels with slx hubs (lucky as I'm running manly slx groupset) nice and cheap. one problem though there thru axl and yes you gest it I have drop outs. so I need 2 thru axels 15mm to 5mm qr. found them on ebay in the US. but not here.
any advice?

did not one thought anyone with a laith and 30mins?
(excuse the spelling dyslexia)

simon

Re: newbi. intro and question

Hello Simon,

You are very welcome to come out on Tuesday, just turn up, sorry no-one has replied, we are friendly honest.

I didn't reply to you as I am sorry but I don't know how to convert your wheels to QR. Sorry!

PS we already have a Simon Roberts, could get confusing!

Re: newbi. intro and question

that's ok. thanx for saying high. I did go you last night. hard work for a newbi, but kept up quite well.

about the axel its ok. I know what I need but its either find someone that can make it or buy from the states. there is a good gap in the market to do the reducers.

ho I usually end up beening called simon hair or simon t&g.