Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New...victim?

Hi guys,

I'm very keen to come along on one of your rides, probably Thursday (6th) if that's ok.

Not been riding for a while so a bit unfit, will this be a problem?

Also, is there parking at the pub, as I'll be driving in?

I'll be the guy on the on one 456.

Look forward to meeting you all! Angus

Re: New...victim?

Hello just come along, though next Thursday is earmarked for Thetford. This is different to usual rides as we don't go to the pub and we all drive there - parking at Brandon Country Park car park at 8pm. But check on here as if we're feeling lazy we sometimes do a local ride instead.

Being unfit should not be a problem :-)

If you come on a Cambridgeshire pub night then all the pubs have car parks. Check the forum before you come out just in case there is a last minute change of venue. Or you can park at the start (though I think parking can be a bit tricky)

Thanks very much for getting back to me.

I will meet you in Cambridge Thursday night. Is the meeting point the restaurant mentioned in the top blurb?

Angus

Hi sorry next Thursday is probably Thetford, which is a break from the norm and involves driving to Thetford forest.

We meet at brandon country park at 8. Unless we change our minds and then we meet at the start place above (near Japas bento box)

My apologies, I misunderstood. See you Thursday at Brandon. I will keep an eye on here in case anything changes.

Thanks,

Angus