Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Barton Tonight.

I am planing on being out tonight as its dry and warm (ish), anyone else ?

Re: Barton Tonight.

Hope to be out too.

Not out tonight as I shall be mostly wining and dining in town

Sorry I won't the misses has a meeting tonite week. Also will have a spare battery then as well. Hehe

I was slowly winning my battle with apathy when I heard the rain which has washed away any enthusiasm I did have.

Not out this week
Er in doors is...er out doors, infact she's out of the country.....
Tony, what does happen in Amsterdam? & does it also happen in Sweden??
Anyway, it's quiet again

avatars................................................................................
Sorry, not on this watch, what happens if someone reconised you?? imagine the embarrassment?? It would be like a DR Who thunderbirds c***UP
Best not... Mums the word or is panto your friend??!!!!!!!!!!?!?

Re: avatars

....and that, children, is what will happen to you if you also hit the sauce when your spouse is away in Amsterdam. Or Sweden for that matter.

he he, knew an avatar would get a response, only I thought it would have come from Claire

Well it is very 80s to have an avatar Paul but I figured you are old so probably late to figure out these things and I also thought it was probably making you happy so best leave you to it

Ahh, I prefer to think of myself as "retro" rather than old

nothing wrong with a bit of "Retro"

Shouldn't you be offering sweetcorn with said Giant?!?

you asked

Now they are getting silly