Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rushup Edge

Almost anyone who's been to the Peaks to ride will know or have heard of Rushup Edge, which is halfway to being absolutely ruined for mountain bikers, and indeed anyone who loves the outdoors and the wild country Britain has to offer. There's a really long thread about it on SingletrackWorld.

This page from the thread has a link to a survey to present to Derbyshire County Council (DCC) who are responsible for the wanton and totally unnecessary and expensive vandalism of the trail. The survey is here, and I'd urge anyone who cares about keeping wild places wild to complete it.

Dom

Re: Rushup Edge

Already done it Dom, please fill it in people!

Re: Rushup Edge

Did this last year on me ridged Niner...somewhat eventful!! Anyway I wouldn't worry, it will make it really fast for the m/cycles, quad bikes, horse carriages, roadies and the ramblers will absolutely love hurling abuse at all of them