Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Asparagus Farm

Bloody Hell - someone has put up a great big sign with red letters that says 'Asparagus Farm' on the edge of Hauxton. Who did that and when?

Re: Asparagus Farm

Hi Tony

The asparagus Farm has been there for a long time. normally they put a sign out in May, when they are selling asparagus. I have no idea why it is out there now.

TomR

So THAT'S why its called the Asparagus Farm-who would've thunk it 'eh?

Tony,

You're not trying to win the prize for the most boring post on the Forum this year, are you?

PT

Pasty, up to this point I haven't mentioned tyres or socks, so no. I'm not going for the most boring post.

Dom?

Good god, who put an Asparagus Farm there ????

i don't believe it. i think there needs to be photographic evidence of the existance of said farm

Pictures or it didn't happen

Tony
I haven't mentioned tyres or socks, so no. I'm not going for the most boring post

Though productivity has slowed in recent years, there is still 57,000 hectares of asparagus in China. The next closest competitor is Peru which has 27,000 hectares in production, while Germany is close behind with 22,000. The United States ranks fifth with about 14,400 hectares, virtually all of which is in California, Washington and Michigan.

Nope. Tony was right - well done, Dom

Evidence! For the doubters out there (Cook and Lyons) there really is an asparagus farm.