Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Hoops Barton

Anyone riding to Barton tonight?

Re: The Hoops Barton

Maybe not: I am leaning towards skipping it this week, given that I am going to be out consuming my own body weight in pizza and beer on Friday night with my colleagues.

PT

Hi Jon, I'm planning to be out. I noticed you didn't use pub name, leaving the white horse as a possibity?

I plan to be out, hoping to find a banana plantation this week.

The Hoops would be an option but the White Horse would be too. I've got to get home early and would like to be served before bedtime.

I am planning to join you today for the first time ;)

Simon B

i'm going to come along for a bimble, and i'm going to try out my new boots
as before,Tony, if you find the fabled Barton Banana plantation we need photos.

4 deg' and cloudy. mmmmm OK I will be out

Good to see Anglia water doesn't waste money their employees
Weather looks better than last Tuesday so I think I'm in, Laters

Yep, I'm out tonight.

Richard

Unfortunately now not out due to nursing my 8 year old white pekin bantam Dashe (2 previous owners) whose struggling with breathing.
See you next week.

Hey Donkon,

Any news on the old bird?

PT

Pale Rider
I am leaning towards skipping it this week, given that I am going to be out consuming my own body weight in pizza and beer
PT

Wouldn't that have been a really good reason TO go out?

Dom