Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday Mornings

Ok, Unable to do the evening rides as I'm a wuss so any chance we can organise some Sunday rides (no just work early)

I know most of you are either recovering from too much beer/alcohol or other from Saturday or may be looking after kids etc but I'm sure some of you must be normal.

Would it be good idea if this could be added to the Tuesdays & Thursdays.

Any intrest

Jim

Re: Sunday Mornings

Hi Jim.

Not up to me I am afraid, however I may be up for the occasional Sunday Morning ride from time to time. If you want to email me when you are planning to go out.

This has cropped up in the past, but the interest has been patchy.
I can't say I love the winter evening rides, will wait until the weather turns and when my little one is a few months old

As for weekends I do enjoy an hour or so across country, so up for that

Yes great idea, I'd be very interested in Saturday or Sunday morning rides. I think the current best course of action rather than emailing people individually is to post on here a few days before then see what the interest is, then if it does take off we could look into adding it to the runslist.

I second the idea of Sunday morning rides, and I think Duncan's proposal to add it to the runslist is also great.

It might be better to wait until drier times before we make the call whether to formalise the arrangement.

I'm not a memebr of the club yet but i would love to do some Sunday rides. Evenings during the week are not always easy for me.

Let me know if you guys set anything up

Cheers

Oli