Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CHRISTMAS MEAL - LAST ORDERS, No, REALLY!

Any more for any more???

There are 21 of us definitely going so far and I have to give numbers and meal choices to the Maypole by TUESDAY 9th December at the VERY LATEST.

So if you're not on the sticky thread at the top of the forum or you've not contacted me separately (Bowes, Jules, Jon M so far) then you need to post or contact me ASAP.

Other halves? Sons? Daughters?

Did I mention that the beer and food is very good? The company is EXCELLENT

PT

Re: CHRISTMAS MEAL - LAST ORDERS, No, REALLY!

......If I want 2nds, do I have to pay twice ?

Paul (AKA Silver Surfer)
......If I want 2nds, do I have to pay twice ?

Yes, and you have to buy a round

Ravioli Monkfish Cannoli

I think I have replied 2 times already, but just in case.....

Tom R

Oh dear, it's past the deadline and I haven't put in an order :(

I've been too busy so I've been off the bike and not really thinking about riding...

If there is any hope at all of squeezing me in, then can I please order Salmon, Turkey, Apple Crumble

If it is really too late, then I maybe I can turn up and have a liquid meal from the bar?

Mike

Hi Tom and Mike,

You should be OK. I already sent a list to the pub and they replied that they could accommodate some changes.

Tom

Last year they were fine about little changes up the last minute.

Though they did charge pasty more of a deposit than me :-)