Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thetford tonight?

Ladies and Gents
Is anyone planning to ride at Thetford tonight?
I'm up for it, but wonder what the state of the trails will be after Sunday.

Any ideas?

Anyone else planning on making the trip?

MT

Re: Thetford tonight?

Hi Mark

If i was wasn't stuck on Copacabana beach i would have come along!

Poor you!
I take it you didn't have to scrape the frost off your sunglasses this morning then...

We may not be riding in Brazil, but it will be a forest, and it will probably be raining #rainforest

Hi Mark

I was planning on coming along but having got absolutely soaked on Sunday I'm not sure I fancy more of the same again tonight so I might give it a miss.

The course on Sunday was very good on lap one and had a dry line by the end of the 4 hour race but in between was a bit slippy in places. It will be fine if it stays dry....

Paul

Yep, I am up for it, I don't know about all those wimps that are afraid of a little water but us big boys don't care

After embarrassing myself with my lack of fitness last time I was out with you guys, I have been out on my bike quite a lot, so I shall try again tonight and hopefully keep up. See you there!

I wrote a message to say I'm not coming out as it's going to rain a lot. But I used a rude word so apparently it was spam.

Anyway, I'm not coming out. It's going to rain, and it will be horrid, and I am not big and strong like Paul S.

No No, don't say that, You'll always be a fine, strong, strapping fella my lad to me

Dry trails, no rain and sheltered from the wind... A good evening's riding was had by all.

If only there was a pub in the forest...

Yep, as Mark said...... unbelievable, I was as clean when we returned as when we set off, It was like riding on a summers evening !! Thanks Mark for working the route

All I can say is bolox.
After last Tuesday Xmas tree will Esmé the little one.
This week man flue.
I need to get out been acking to ride!