Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Maypole, Cambridge - Tonight's Christmas Partay

Hi All,

Just to let you know that we are ready to go tonight. Please try to arrive at about 7 pm for a 7:45 meal. It's worth arriving early for the beer.

There are 25 confirmed diners - all those who posted on the forum plus Jules, Alison and Ali.

If you haven't posted then you can still join us for a drink and revelry. Bring your own Revels.

See you tonight!

PT

Re: The Maypole, Cambridge - Tonight's Christmas Partay

I bet the roadies bring artisan baked, GM free, low GI, whole grain, decaffinated Duchy originals malteasers which they managed to spot in the bottom of the nearly out of date half price basket!!
Humphhhh

Enjoy this festive link..............

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-536928/Revealed-The-Antarctic-iceberg-looks-like-giant-humbug.html

A big thanks to Tom, ali, dom, paul L etc etc for a great night. love you all very much (and the 8 pints of Hoggarden ) :)

8 PINTS OF HOEGAARDEN!?!?!?!
Is that even possible?

Taken out of context comment of the evening from Mike T:

"Yes I do have one, but it's small, low quality, and I don't use it that much"

i second Pauls comments (but not the Hoggarden)thanks for a briliant evening everyone.

Me too!
Thank you one and all.
Cured my hangover with a muddy ss ride and lunch at the posh deli in Shelford.

Hopefully out on Tuesday for the after-party.

Much love,

The Comeback Kid

Another non biking eve for our delectation...............I've got a cunning plan!!!
Let's meet at the Green Man on Tuesday & Thursday at 7.34 we would then be able to drink more in a more relaxed atmosphere, discuss the sport in a half twisted non knowing way (apparently involves lots of us/we/beat etc) and even possibly go home long before we are thrown out, debate, argue & intimidate each other, we wouldn't have to buy any bike, kit or in fact venture from our house or the pub (poss exception of a Inter/national event of interest).
What do you think?? Never been done before?!?

Oh yes..................... Football......

I'm glad that at least I do a tad of exercise before relating my opinion on any one whose not/interested....

I foucking luv mtbing and even some of it's participants, It's a good job were not a club [ that would be toooooooo much.

As usual, Top night Pastey (en cru)

(sorry got caught in the middle of a 3 Horse shoes intelligense test). luckily it didn't involve spelling!!

Merry christmas one and all!! Hopefully you and I will ride together at a mildly competitive speed in the new year?
HO HO HO

ahem, anyone know how you put these young trendy avitar things under my name?? Coat....Door!]

Avatar, i had to ask, it's simples.
As you start/reply to a post one of the lines above you comment is "Avatar URL:"
jusy find a pic you like on tinterweb,"royalty free, or self hosted" then put the path to it in your Avatar URL: bar.
job is a goodun!
enjoy

Ok Pat, as long as know one else finds out.... you know MUMS the word otherwise it could cause too much imbarrassment (especially as I cannot currently spell embarrassment !!)

Hang on...........ARE YOU TALKING ***KING YARDIE (other spellings are available) AT ME.............MMMMMMMM????mmm mmmm mmmmmmm mmmmm my Dads bigger than yours etc etc etc arrrrrrrrrrrrr kit I'm off to bed.

Merry christmas, seasons greetings (what the fork is that all about) & happy hollidays (okay your taking the wiss (sounds like) now

Looking forward to a better year than this...............
Hope ya'll r 2

(Exhales and climbs the winding stairs to Bedfordshire)