Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tonight (17.2) Lord Byron Inn.

Kind of a nice night for a bimble into the mud me thinks

Re: Tonight (17.2) Lord Byron Inn.

I thought I'd reply just so you don't feel lonely, Paul!

Looks like you're going to be by yourself, judging by the pin-drop quietness of the forum. Sadly, I won't be out - I have managed to get shingles. Quite the most unpleasant experience - don't try this at home, kids...

Dom

not out tonight, enjoy the gloop and Dom!

Eco and I are out, anyone else joining ?

Dom, sorry to hear that, I have never had it so you can give me all the gory details over a pint in the near future

I won't be out tonight. I went out earlier and the sun was glorious. The mud wasn't...
Had some difficulty with a stray border collie puppy, and ended up spending an extra half hour reuniting it with her owner. This was just enough time for me to get caught out with no proper lights.
Anyway, after all that, I think I deserve a pancake or two...

Have fun!

Mark....Reuniting a puppy with its female owner.....yep I have heard it all now

Female puppy, male owner (sadly), but never let the truth get in the way of a good story as they say...