Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Milton Tonight (19.2.15)

Anyone brave enough to face the weather then ?

Re: Milton Tonight (19.2.15)

Going to rest up, Paul, thanks for asking.

I inflamed the tendon on the rear of my right knee misjudging one of the obstacles at Go Ape yesterday.

All of this is code for "have you not seen the forecast, you madman??".

PT

i've seen the forecast AND i looked out the window.
tonight i've decided to stay at home.

this is code for i can't be arsed.

Pasty by name and Pasty by nature

Weather is looking better, BBC forecast has gone from 2 drips to one drip and is finishing by 11pm. All afternoon it has been just a bit hear and there so I am up for it, anyone else ?

My excuse is not the expectation of precipitation, but an unexpected trip to the physiotherapist.
This is code for my wife has sustained an equestrian related accident.

Thanks to Pat and Pete for your support (sorry to hear about Clare - hope she feels better soon).

So, rain clearing up by 11 pm, three and a half hours into the ride. You're not really selling this to me, Paul.

And how is that one BBC drip working out for you?

PT