Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Islabike CNOC 14

Any of the parents on here interested in buying a CNOC 14? In used but good condition!

Re: Islabike CNOC 14

Hooray, finally let me post it without thinking I am spam!!

Also does anyone have an old saddle sitting around they want to sell, I am thinking of selling my hardtail but the saddle is totally ripped and embarrassing, so I think I need to replace it.
Bike is probably only worth 150 squid or so it needs to be quite cheap!

Sold to the Jolly Green Giant!

I have also put my old hardtail on eBay anyway with the knackered saddle. If any midgets or partners/parents of midgets want an old hardtail let me know!! It's a 15" spesh stump jumper women's (but it doesn't say women's on it, so could be suitable for boy - if you don't tell him :-)) It's a neutral red colour.

Claire, you forgot to point out that it also a really slow bike!

Yes, it is nice and slow, especially with me riding it :-)

Tandem & Isla trailer bike for sale

While we're on the subject of kids bikey things for sale... Ian Carter has a proper Isla Bikes trailer bike for sale. These were by far the best made as the connection was on a rack with a proper pivoting steerer and so you don't get the child riding along at a silly lean, it also has 6? gears.

He's also got a Raleigh tandem for sale, Cost him £500.00 two or three years ago, since then he has upgraded the brakes to avid cable calipers and levers & added some road tyres.
Its got a very low rear cross bar so will suit anyone from 4-99 years old. He and his son have done some quite long rides and mini tours so it's quite a capable thing.

Not sure on prices at mo but I think Tandem was £300 and the isla trailer bike £100 but can confirm if there is interest.

Claire, is that a railway set up in your garden?

Re: Tandem & Isla trailer bike for sale

I didn't know islabikes make trailer bikes, do they not make them any more?

Yes it is a railway in our garden *sigh* - you guess it does not belong to me then?

Re: Tandem & Isla trailer bike for sale

Isla Bikes stopped making them about 8 yrs ago (they were quite expensive) As with all Ian's stuff it's nigh on immaculate.

Do you mean that the railway was not left by the previous owner?!?..... Do you have mamod steam engines too?