Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Bell, Balsham

Anyone out tonight?

Re: The Bell, Balsham

Yep

Sorry, pre-booked this Thursday for the beer festival

Richard

I'll be riding tonight....

me too.
i seem to remember there is a track that comes in to Balsham from the North, but i cant remember how that links up from town.
any one else know?
just suggesting it so we have an possible alternative to the roman road.

Not sure - at risk of sounding like an un-named Cammtb rider, I have an ailment (dodgy knee) and will see how it feels later.

An alternative to the Roman Road would be Fulbourn, Wilbraham,(or Fleam Dyke) Camgrain store, up the track, up Six-Mile bottom Road and turn right at the top of the hill to follow the rutted track into Balsham.

Neither of my knees are feeling any more dodgy than normal, so I will venture out tonight.

Losing one knee is unfortunate but losing two begins to look like carelessness.

I think Tony's route is about right. Return to Cambridge via the Roman Road or normal road, or a combination.

PT

sounds good

Far too sunny and not enough wind for me to be out - have a great if not dusty ride folks.

36.7 miles by the time i got home.
nice
shame about the Angry T**T we encountered at addenbrookes on the way home.

For the record, the Addenbrooke's Tw@t was a different Tw@t from the Tw@t to whom I refer in my separate post (me).

How come nobody's mentioned the sheep???