Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Local ride tonight?

Anyone not signed up for the train out & ride back fancy a local bimble?

I would love to do the train out & ride back as it sounds really good but 1) I would really struggle to get to Cambridge station before 7pm and 2) this will be only my second ride with CamMTB in 2 years so am trying to ease back into it.

Re: Local ride tonight?

hi Nige,
i'm planning on doing the train out ride back, but it will be realy tight on time for me to make the train.
IF i miss the train i will join you for a local ride, if not, have a good one, i'm sure there will be others that will turn up and ride local.

Hi Nige. I will join you tonight. I will not be back in time to catch a train to Baldock.

TomR

Can I suggest the Barrington oak as a destination for both parties.