Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help me find an avid trialign canti

Hello!

I need to find the brake of my dreams http://bmxmuseum.com/reference/4093. I need 1 set of avid trialign cantilever brakes.

Perhaps the oldies amongst us might have a set stashed away somewhere?

Adrian

Re: Help me find an avid trialign canti

Haven't got the brakes but I'd like to know what constitutes an 'oldie'.

Pasty Tom and up I'd guess.

Probably someone of Stafford vintage who would have:

a) had the disposable income in early nineties to buy these brakes

b) have had an obsession with anodized bling - acceptable in the 90s, less so today.

I had/might still have a pair marin copies from the nineties. Had the trianglar straddle cable thingy on two bikes. I use to use XTR and Pauls canties very powerful.
Will have a sniff around in the dark depths of my garage.

Hi Duncan,

Thanks - keen to see what these marin copies look like. I am currently running modern tektro cx cantis on my 1992 scott comp, which is a criminal offence IMO. Looking for something period correct and as good as the trialign.

Adrian