Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Barrington

I think it said Barrington on the runs list.

Cold and damp, will make me appreciate Mallorca next week. Who's out?

Re: Barrington

Maybe - have a stinking cold donated to me by my 14 year old son. Happy to re-donate hence I'm a possible for tonight.

PT

Yep, I'm out. I suspect it will be a little wet, but not as cold as Mallorca was in early March....

mmmm yes, We went in May a few years ago & it was flippin' freezing, full on rain & very very windy.
Chesterton looks quite good in the next two weeks?!?
Did I mention the WIND?

I've heard Lincolnshire is going to be in the 80's

or was it the seventies?!? anyway, they still have horse driven drays in New Bollingbrooke

Just back home. Excellent evening may I say? Thought route and distance optimum for the conditions (no rain for me at least) and very hospitable hostelry. Hope all got/get home ok.

speaking of Lincolnshire in the seventies I recall an old fingerpost sign pointing to two villages that had been imaginatively graffiti-ed The sign read "To Old Bolingbroke and Mavis Enderby" to which some wag had added "a son"