Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Perce

Very sadly Perce died on Monday a year after he was diadnosed with pancreatic cancer brave as a lion until the end a sickening loss of a true friend, a tour de force on a bike as many of us will remember well

Re: Perce

Really sorry to hear that news. I could never keep up with him.

We were talking about Perce just the other week so this is very sad news.

He was quick, as Tony says, and such a nice guy with it. We were already missing him, now doubly so.

Rest in peace.

Tom

Very sad news Bowesy. Even with dodgy knees Perce was more than a match for most of us on a bike.

Rest in peace Perce.

Paul

Sad news, was always good to have Perce out riding with us

Likewise to above - very sad news. I can always recall Perce falling off, so he must have been going fast, too fast! RIP

Oh dear, that's dreadful news, sorry to hear that Bowesey, I know he was a great pal of yours. A genuinely nice bloke and great riding company.
RIP Perce, you will be sorely missed.

Thanks for letting us know. Vey sad news. From the first day I met him, I was impressed by his determination and stamina, and he was always genuine, gentle and kind.

Bowesy, come out and ride some time soon and we'll give him a beery CamMTB send-off.

Dom

I am also very sad to hear this Bowesy, thanks for letting us know.

I also have fond memories of Perce.
We shall gloss over the time he stopped and answered his phone in front of me as I was riding through a bog. (there were some swears)

RIP Perce.

Oh my, Top bloke, always calm (in our presence), a real gent with the physique of a butchers dog.
I have several clients who bought cars from him and found that he always went the enth mile to help them & make them feel at home. The last time I spoke to him it was in Grantchester st. with one of his customers who had just bought a car & then been too scared to park it in their garage (it was tight...very tight) & he was helping them by fitting a piece of wood to the floor so that the car did not hit the wall. Then I had to move because of a skip lorry.....
Competitive bastard who had time for everyone. Going to miss you.
Bye Perse

i am planning to come out soon so look forward to it

Sad news indeed.
Tough as nails, soft as putty, good as gold and fast as hell.

RIP Perce.

Only rode with him once but he ripped my legs off we had a good natter in the pub after. Sad loss