Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
July 14th - Big Adventure

Despite what the Runslist says, thanks to our tardy webmaster, I will be running a 'big adventure' on 14th July. Pair up, dig out your OS maps,dust off your cameras and brace yourself for some photographic, navigational and endurance challenges. There may be a prize for the winning team if I get my arse in gear. There will be bonus points available for the more inept. Indeed, as Pasty has shown, you could even win. I may post the waypoints here in advance but as I will be away for the week before don't count on anything.

First prize will be Claire's whisky residue.

Re: July 14th - Big Adventure

The "tardy webmaster" has finally caught up.

Please refer to Forum. Are we still doing 'Adrian's Fenduro on the 28th July or has that moved to end of Sept?

PT

Would that be post ejection bile/whisky solution or fresh stuff?

Anyone need a partner for next Thursday?

Hi Pat,

If no one else has stepped up, may I join you?

(I might not be able to keep up, but know where most of the pubs are).

Cheers

Pete

Hello
I'd like to do it with someone too. Dom can't make it - so I'm looking for a partner?
Any takers?
Alison

hi Pete/Alison,
so far i'm not going to be with anyone else, this looks like an option of a 3, so we can sort things out at the start, should be there for 7:30.

pat

Hi Tony,
Sorry can't make it this evening Rachel has got another long day so going to take Fergs for a ride.

Pat
hi Pete/Alison,
so far i'm not going to be with anyone else, this looks like an option of a 3, so we can sort things out at the start, should be there for 7:30.

pat

Hi Pat and Alison

See you at start - I will have a go at plotting the waypoints onto a map, and my Garmin if I can manage that.

I'm participating in the Single Speed Duo category.

Great - See you Pat & Pete at the start. Good luck with the way points!

Got them all on paper map (2 didn't plot right) . Gave up with Garmin after trying to put the first co-ord in! See you there

Sorry to be missing this Tony, but moving house is dragging on. Personally I blame Tess. My plan was to move all the boxes over in one efficient movathon, then have time to ride my bike and take part in this. However, Tess has had other ideas and we are now doing one box at a time then unpacking it. I hope to be free of this frustrating process by the leaving do. Adrian