Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A bit of a do

On Saturday 20th August I will be having a BBQ and general drinking session to mark the occasion of not yet being another year older though the reality changes significantly very shortly afterwards ) Cammtb members are cordially invited to come to my house, eat drink and be merry. Apart from Pasty who can sod off to California. And Claire. Everyone else is welcome. In order to be formally invited please email me via the link or contact me on my mobile (in the contacts file Richard circulated) using the number ending 810

We're pushing the boat out and will even cater for vegans (somehow - I'll leave that up to the Mrs).

Probably going to start around 3.00 and finish whenever

'plus ones' welcome

Re: A bit of a do

I'd love to , but we're on holiday !

Yep, I will be there to help you drown your sorrows Tony

NO...ish, We will be in...apparently sunny Lewis, why can't you have a Birthday in early October like any other normal person.

Hi Tony

Thanks very much for the invite, very kind of you. Unfortunately I shall be in Suffolk on the CTC Birthday Rides. Hope your BBQ goes well, and that the weather gods are kind.