Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Red Lion Histon on Thursday

Looks like a great evening in prospect weather wise, so I predict a busy beer festival at the Red Lion in Histon tonight! Better plan for a short ride

Who else is riding tonight?

Richard

Re: Red Lion Histon on Thursday

I'm up for it. In terms of a short ride, I had a look at what we did last year:-

Grantchester
Barton via Roman Hill
Coton (via tracks near Tony's elusive bench)
Madingley Cemetary
Girton (south of A14)
Histon

We got there about 9 pm last year. We could cut shorter (and get there earlier) by missing out Barton and going straight to Coton.

PT

Should be out tonight, but if I'm not at the start by 7:35 assume I'm not out.....

Pasty! What is a cemetary? ?
I'm not out as I'm busy looking out of an airport window awaiting a Ryanair flight. Trumps a beer festival I'm sure.

Will not make it to the start but will see you all at the pub :)

Afraid Tess and I are going on a Fen ride as we want to do some fruit picking. There are some great cherry trees over near swaffham prior. We must have had a hundred quids worth of succulent red cherries from them early this summer - a very juicy number, great in crumbles or just as enjoyable on their own. Our focus tonight will mainly be blackberries which are maturing into a memorable vintage, though the taste varies quite a lot between different plants. There are also some lovely damsons over near lode that we may swing by - depends on how much capacity we have in our back packs.

Enjoy the beer festival.

Yeah, whatever fruit boy.

Pat wants to know about your dangling plums.

Beer IS FANTASTIC!

Did you find any of those hairy plumbs again?

As far as I am aware there aren't any hairy plumbs in that area - but if I find some would you like me to take a photo of them? www.nustcapes.com

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lychee&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjioLHOm4LPAhUoAcAKHdRhDcgQ_AUICCgB&biw=1536&bih=728&dpr=1.25#imgrc=ExPl4KALVPUDDM%3A