Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Full Moon Thetford

Who's up for Thetford tonight? 8pm @ BCP.

For those that cant go on Duncan's ride as we have jobs.

Re: Full Moon Thetford

Owooooooot!

Yes, I'm planning to ride tonight.

Weather forecast has a hint of thunder and lightning in it, but maybe not that far east.

PT

I'm in :)

Cheers
Geordynige

I was thinking of joining you tonight but what's BCP?

Russell

Hi Russell - are you the same Russell Stevens as lives in New Road, Over?

If so, do you want a lift?

Tom

PS BCP = Brandon Country Park.

Hi Andy,
I can give you a lift if you like ? Normal time round my place - 7.10pm?

Yes please Nigel

no can do tonight, sorry, i'm on call this week so can't get out and/or be more than an hour from home or work.

hi "Russell Stevens", there is another post running by "Pete T", it looks as if he is running an alternate local ride from Cambridge (normal start point) if Brandon Country Park is not an option for you.

Yes, I'll be at Thetford tonight. Space in the van if anyone wants a lift, leaving Waterbeach about 7pm.

Hi Tom

I'm based in Chartfield Rd Cherry Hinton, so probably not the same one. Thanks for the lift offer but since there's a local ride alternative I'll go for that now.

Cheers
Russell

No problem Russell - I'd say that you're definitely not the same Russell Stevens that I know!

Have a good ride.

Tom

Not out tonight. Real men are riding in Yorkshire this weekend - eh Pasty?

Good luck with that, just as the weather breaks!

Are you 'soloing' or do you have another victim/partner?

PT

Afraid I am missing yet another ride! Am collecting tony's bbq which he is kindly lending for the Fenduro after party. What he hasn't realized yet is that it will be raffled off as a prize.

Have a good one!