Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tuesday

Thought I'd get in early to beat the crowds..
Er out doors has left Europe for 4 days....Fergs and I are visiting every local eating establishment and squeezing in a burger at the Connington M/Cycle meet.
So I'm not out, poss Thursday although I can't remember what time we return to level Amber.
Bummer, but the Goose is happy (and if I were stretched to comment, yeahhhh baby)
Had a look at the letter on the porch of the Hairy hounds & it says no food after 2nd Oct & then just drinks until it's closure at the end of that month so may try & meet you alllll there.
Over.

Re: Tuesday

Err, Not sure If Duncan or can't make it tonight (I lost the will to live after trying to work out what he was eating for the week and where ? ) but I will be there if anyone would like to join me

I will be out. Looking forward to a great route, great pub and hopefully some leftover pudding.

Plan to be riding

Yep, I'm out tonight.

Richard

If I brought my 14 year old lad with me tonight, would that be an issue? Not sure if he wants to go out yet, just testing the water before asking him :)

Ta
Steve

Hi everyone,

First timer here.. I plan to join as well.

David
Hi everyone,

First timer here.. I plan to join as well.

That makes 3 of us, as the lad wants to go tonight as well :)

I'll come along tonight for my second attempt at a ride if you're meeting at the usual place. Still have a rubbish bike but the tyres aren't bold anymore.

Russell

We don't know the area all that well, so if you see a 6ft teenager and a shorter older person on matching mountain bikes looking very lost, that will be us, please give us a shout :)

Steve & Mike

I will be out tonight.

Hi Steve.

You are both welcome, I will keep an eye out for you :)

Hi Dave. Great, see you at the start.

Hi Russell. Great see you there (I will have a quiet word with your tyres for you, maybe I can make them feel a bit more adventurous)

Hope to make it to the start, running v late!

Thanks for the run out last night, a tad beyond my fitness level me thinks. However there is some bad news, it looks like we will come along next Tuesday and try to slow you all down again, lol :) Only one way to get fitter I guess ;)

p.s. When I say we will slow you down, I mean me

Cheers
Steve & Mike

Steve,

Don't worry about speed, you've already proved yourself... you had a major crash and didn't break any bones, which is more than can be said by others in this group

Richard

Cheers Richard,

We really enjoyed it, despite being totally knackered, lol. No broken bones, just a sore wrist which will be better by next Tuesday ;)

See you all again then :)

Paul S (AKA Silver Surfer)
Hi Russell. Great see you there (I will have a quiet word with your tyres for you, maybe I can make them feel a bit more adventurous)

Hey Paul, are you trying to take over from Pasty as spelling pedant? I certainly didn't see that one coming!