Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For Sale: Niner Air 9 RDO

All,

As many of you already know, my garden shed has been stuffed full of bikes for quite some time. I won't fight the charges on that particular topic... However, I will shortly be departing for San Francisco to spend six months working in the US. I think it's about time one of them left the stable to make some room. I am therefore considering selling my Niner Air 9 RDO (size medium).

Specification:

Frame:
Niner Air 9 RDO Carbon (Medium), black with red graphics

Fork:
Niner RDO (Rigid Carbon)

Wheels:
Industry Nine Straight Pull Hubs (almost new bearings, some are ceramic)
Red Aluminium Spokes
Bontrager Carbon rims
Bontrager Mud-X Tyres (kevlar bead)

Misc:
Syntace P9 Hi-Flex Seatpost
Syntace FlatForce Stem (short, negative rise)
Syntace Duraflite Handlebars
Selle Italia Flite SLR Carbon Saddle
Carbon water bottle cage
Hope X2 Race Brakes
SRAM XX1 1x11 Drivetrain

The weight is probably somewhere around seventeen pounds, I can't remember exactly.

All of the parts have been hand picked by yours truly and nicely colour matched to the frame. This bike will make you more attractive to both sexes, so don't expect to be lonely riding it.

For those of you who don't already know the bike, I have taken some pictures and can send them on request. I might even update this thread with some links, once I put them up on a server somewhere... I'm just gauging interest at this point and don't have a definite price in mind. Basically, I'm open to offers... But do bear in mind that it was, and still is, two-wheeled weaponry of a very high specification. It is also in pretty much mint condition, as I've changed all the usual "bearing problem spots" fairly recently. Collection/viewing from a central Cambridge location off Mill Road.

Cheers,

- Matt

Re: For Sale: Niner Air 9 RDO

Think that without a guide of value it is nigh on impossible for anyone to offer an agreeable price. Therefore I shall offer £55.79

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/201680425524?

Not a chance, not any where near it